At the Law Office of Warren M. Silverman, our New York environmental crimes lawyers have extensive experience representing individuals and businesses accused of serious violations of state and federal environmental regulations, including:
- Asbestos violations
- Hazardous dumping
- Soil pollution
- Water pollution
- Toxic spills
- Improper removal of lead paint
- Illegal disposal of hazardous waste
- Unlawful export of hazardous waste
- Illegal Use of Pesticide and Herbicides and Insecticides
Environmental crimes carry a real threat of severe fines and criminal penalties, as New York State and its municipalities are known to take a hard line on these types of violations. However, overlapping state and federal regulations make this a confusing area of law, leading to many unintentional environmental violations. Unfortunately, this fact seems to make little difference to the agencies and personnel charged with enforcing environmental law. If you or your company has been accused of an environmental crime, you need the help of an environmental crimes law firm that has the experience to protect your rights.
For over 32 years, the New York environmental crimes lawyers at the Law Office of Warren M. Silverman have provided our clients with the highest level of legal representation. They have developed a deep understanding of the issues involved in these cases, and will work with some of the industry’s top technical and regulatory experts to formulate the strongest defense strategy on your behalf. To find out just how hard our New York environmental law attorneys will work to protect your interests, please give us a call today, at 718-281-2311.
Environmental Crimes in Queens, New York
In New York, as in many other states, the enforcement of environmental laws and regulations has become much more stringent. In the 80s and 90s, environmental enforcement actions cost companies hundreds of millions of dollars, and resulted in stiff jail sentences for many key players. The situation has only grown worse in recent years. Those accused of environmental crimes continue to face significant penalties and fines if they are found guilty.
At the Law Office of Warren M. Silverman, our environmental crimes attorneys have assisted individual property owners, real estate developers, manufacturers and myriad other companies that have been accused of serious regulatory violations, including those involving:
- Hazardous Substances: Our hazardous substance defense practice has included civil and criminal cases involving radium, radon, asbestos, petroleum and other forms of toxic waste.
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA or Superfund): Our attorneys have represented clients in cases involving liability for hazardous waste remediation under CERCLA, also known as the federal Superfund Act.
- Administrative Violation Defense: Our law firm is well versed in defending individuals and companies that have been the recipients of notices of violation from state, federal and local administrative agencies, including the New York Department of Environmental Conservation and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Environmental Permit Problems: Our legal staff has helped numerous clients that have encountered problems when trying to obtain environmental permits in New York. They can assist you or your company with the filing of administrative requests for variances and appeals. If necessary, our attorneys will handle the entire process of filing an Article 78 petition to challenge your permit denial from start to finish.
- Illegal dumping
Contact a Queens, NY Environmental Crimes Lawyer Today
If you or your company has been charged with serious violations of environmental laws or regulations in New York, you can’t afford to wait another day before you contact a qualified environmental crimes attorney. At the Law Office of Warren M. Silverman, our team of experienced environmental defense attorneys, investigators and other legal staff will do everything in our power to prepare a strong case on your behalf. To learn more, please give our office a call today at 718-281-2311.